Monday, February 8, 2010

WebMD states that these are the healthy guidelines to follow for gaining weight while pregnant.
  • Underweight: Gain 28-40 pounds
  • Normal weight: Gain 25-35 pounds
  • Overweight: Gain 15-25 pounds
  • Obese: Gain 11-20 pounds
With my last pregnancy I gained a whopping 65 lbs I think... EEk is right!!! I really really don't want to gain that much this time but here I am 14 weeks pregnant and I have gained 14lbs. UGH. I know that doesn't sound awful but it's definitely not ideal. My mother tells me not to worry about my weight. My mother is Korean and apparently I am supposed to be feeding all of my cravings because it will make the baby happy and healthy. I'd be all for that idea if it didn't mean having all this leftover grossness when the happy baby is out.

I know I said I wasn't going to worry about the weight thing this time because I had such great success with Weight Watchers the last time but I can't help it. There's nothing more distressing than seeing your body turn into this unrecognizable thing so fast.

So tell me Mommies... How much weight did you gain in your previous pregnancies. Did you fall within the "guidelines"? What kind of things keep you feeling good about yourself while pregnant?

3 comments:

  1. Sorry hon, I can't help you because I have never been pregnant! But for someone who sees you almost every weekday I haven't noticed a big difference yet! You look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See that's why i love you!!! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gained about 30 on average for my first two pregnancies. By number 3 and 4, I was overweight and gained 5 and 6 pounds respectively. GL with watching your weight...it can be difficult~

    ReplyDelete