Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Week 12 Update

     I had my 12 week appointment yesterday. I really enjoy going to see my doctor now. It is a completely different experience when you are having a complication-free pregnancy (so far).
     We went over my contract and decided where I am going to deliver and how much it is going to cost. I must say that I feel bad for people that don't have the luxury (that's exactly what it is) of insurance. I am required to have a C-section because of my past history and it's only going to cost me $243. AMAZEBALLS!
     I had to step on the scale.. UGH... 4 lbs gained in 4 weeks. So I am up a total of 9 lbs. so far. Luckily, I am back being able to eat like a normal human instead of having to shove food in my mouth in order to feel normal throughout the day.
     Since I have been through this before, I didn't have a whole lot of questions so my doctor and I chit chatted and caught up (We saw a lot of each other with the last pregnancy so we got to know each other quite well). Then we listened to the baby's heartbeat, which was the REAL reason for coming. Without the constant ultrasounds like last time I am a bit paranoid about how things are going. The heartbeat is good and strong and I was relieved to hear it!
     On a personal level, I am feeling a TON less nauseated, which is absolutely fabulous. I have been sleeping great the last few days and oddly enough I feel focused. I say "oddly" because since having Sage I have had a huge case of Mommy-brain. So, the last few days I feel focused and organized and I have my memory back... I hope it lasts. Fat chance but a girl can hope.
    So, 12 week recap: Started out at 180lbs. // Currently 189 lbs.
                                   Starting pant sz 12 // Currently 12 / can't button the top (bought 14 for growing room)
                                   Cravings: Noodles
                                   Starting to feel baby flutters rarely
                                   No aches or pains
                                   No swelling

So far so good!

1 comment: