Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dear Jesus

Dear Jesus,
I would like to request for a few things to be taken off of the long list of things that cause pregnancy to suck! After all, this is supposed to be a magical experience, right? Well, unless you can find something magical about throwing up all day long or waking up 3 times a night to pee, I think these things should be omitted from the process.
My loving husband, since finding out about our pending arrival has been able to carry on his normal life. I, however, can't even find the energy to stay up past 9pm. This doesn't seem fair to me. Not that life is supposed to be fair and I realize that Spiderman's Uncle once said "With great power comes great responsibility", but I have no idea how losing my lunch makes me any more responsible. I should be getting high fives for not drinking alcohol during one of my many emotional outbreaks due to high levels of hormones that I am now being unwillingly dosed with. Instead, I can't eat. I can't sleep. My clothes don't fit. My boobs hurt. Soon my feet will swell to the point that I can't even wear regular shoes. My nose will, oddly enough, seem to enlarge, amongst many many other uncomfortable and embarrassing events.
I feel that with the long list of awful pregnancy related issues and occurences, asking for the exclusion of morning sickness and midnight pee trips seems more than reasonable.

P.S. Thanks for the baby, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment