Monday, January 25, 2010

It's those little things.

For the last week I have been sick and morning sick and just plain sick of being sick! I have also been feeling a bit down and out about the fact that at 3M preggers and I am already showing enough to have to wear maternity clothes. I'm sure it's not just extra mommy because my jeans fit in the bottom and definitely not in the top.
Anyways, After going though 6 months of Weight Watchers I did what every successful Weight Watcher does, I gave all of my fat clothes as well as my maternity clothes to charity (since we didn't think we could have any more children). Well nowadays that proved to be a bad idea. I've been fastening my pant buttons on the last two jeans that were comfortable to wear with hair ties and wearing old baggy tee-shirts and sweatshirts. This ultimately left me feeling unattractive and generally frumpy.
Last night I was blessed with a visit from the maternity clothes fairy, Autumn. She had a box of her maternity clothes that she was no longer using and after visiting with her and the girls for a while I went through the box and to my surprise I loved and could actually fit into at least HALF of the box. I was so amazed and grateful and generally emotional about it that I think I might have cried a little. HEY I'M PREGNANT... I get a bit weepy. When Aaron got home I was so excited to show him everything and I think I might have cried a little again... hah.
I guess when it comes down to it, I really needed a little boost and even though to Autumn it was a small gesture to me it was something much bigger. I don't think I even realized how much I needed to really get some nice clothes and how much of a difference it would make on my mood. I woke up this morning and got dressed and didn't have to worry about what I was going to wear or how uncomfortable I would be. I just threw something cute on and actually put make-up on and did my hair. I feel good and I feel pretty AND pregnant!!!
So THANK YOU, Autumn! You've made this girl's life a little more pleasant.
      Little gestures!!! I've always said that every thing you say or do can change lives. I know that it sounds dramatic BUT it's true... Every thing a person says or does can change a life and hopefully for the better. I can honestly say I feel changed! I am a much happier person today than I was a few days ago and it shows... on my clothes :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment