These questions have no right or wrong answers.
Because sometimes asking the right questions is the answer.
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
23 on the verge of 50. I think I perpetually feel young at heart but I have always felt a but wiser than my age. So I am young without the urges to act like a total idiot.
- Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Never trying. I never want to have any substantial “what if” moments. At least with “failing” you can still have that little bit of pride that comes with trying.
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
I DON’T do anything I don’t like. I know a lot of people who do though. I try to do the things I like but there just isn’t enough resources and time to do it all.
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
I have said a lot and haven’t done them but I’ve done MOST of what I have said I would do.
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
I’d change how sensitive people are to the things that don’t matter and how insensitive they are to the things that do.
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Being a stay at home mom with a small café on the side that I could bake and cook for.
- Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
It’s all a work in process. I am GOING to be doing what I believe in.
- If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I would have travelled from 15-20 and then had kids.
- To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I am merely a woman in a boat and I control whether or not I fall out of it, otherwise I’m just along for the ride. I don’t believe one can control their course just the general direction.
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Doing things right! Even the wrong things need to be done right.
- You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
Defend my friend to the teeth if I have to but give those people the option to shut it before I begin laying into them.
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Love for yourself is the most important thing in life.
- Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Absolutely. Laws protect the establishment mostly… I would definitely make an exception if it meant saving a loved one.
- Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
I’ve never seen insanity. I always see creativity.
- What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I think differently than most but that’s okay.
- How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
Because they aren’t me.
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
Scuba Diving. FEAR and LOTS of it.
- Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Always. It’s the mountain I have yet to climb but plan to.
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
Santa Cruz, California. Because I fell in love with it and the feel of it. It just feels right for my family and that’s most important to me.
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
Depends on the day.
- Why are you, you?
Because I wouldn’t want to be anyone else.
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
Not always but these are things I am working on.
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
- What are you most grateful for?
My family is a happy and healthy one.
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
Oh wow that’s a good one. I don’t know.
- Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
I guess it would depend on what kind of truth we are talking about. There is absolute truth which you have to challenge and blind truth which is just about having faith.
- Has your greatest fear ever come true?
No. But it is inevitable. Everyone dies someday.
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
Not at all.
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
I think my happiest memories were Christmases because my mom and dad were both home and we spent 2 days together. They both worked and traded off so we didn’t have to have too many babysitters so they were rarely together.
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
When I am camping with my family in the outdoors.
- If not now, then when?
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
- Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
All the time… with my husband.
- Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
Because people are very passionate about their beliefs.
- Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
“Evil” makes “good” amazing.
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
Yes. And then work towards getting the job I want. I have to work.
- Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
More work I enjoy doing… Although I enjoy all the work I do now.
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
Thankfully, No. Every day feels new to me still.
- When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
None of my ideas have a soft glow J They are more like bright flames!
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
I’d stay with my family.
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Being “Alive” is just breathing and aware. “Truly living” is using every opportunity you have to experience what life has to offer.
- When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
If it is truly “right” then what is the risk? There is only reward.
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Because making mistakes are mostly discouraging when looked at from the wrong perspective.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I would have paid more attention to what was important in high school.
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
Yesterday while holding my newborn son.
- What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
I love my husband and my two boys more than life will ever allow me to express but I try to show them every day.
- In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
I don’t remember what I did yesterday NOW. hahah
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I most definitely make them for myself!